Applications for ICA’s 2021 Diversity Scholarships are now being accepted.
Greater Victoria is getting more diverse each year. ICA is pleased to announce its 2021 Diversity Scholarship applications are now being accepted. These scholarships recognize the potential of students from diverse and/or immigrant backgrounds who demonstrate in their academic and community work active support for strong community values around diversity, equity and inclusion in the Capital Region.
“ICA’s scholarships are an investment in the cultural diversity and well-being of the Capital Region,” says Jean McRae, ICA Chief Executive Officer. “In the face of increased racism, ICA is steadfastly committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive communities where people from all walks of life feel a strong sense of belonging. Supporting the educational goals of students committed to diversity is one way we can build this kind of community.”
This year, ICA will award three scholarships: $2,000 for a graduating high school student (class of 2021) and $2,500 each for one post-secondary undergraduate and one graduate student. Students must be attending colleges or universities in the Capital Region. Other eligibility criteria are:
- High school graduate: accepted into a diploma or degree program at a college or university for 2021/22
- Undergraduate: currently registered in a degree program
- Graduate: currently registered or accepted into a post-graduate program
Applicants must submit the following documents:
1. Application letter (not exceeding 1,000 words) describing:
- how the applicant’s academic studies will prepare them for a career dedicated to promoting cultural awareness, understanding, and advocating for human rights and anti-racism
- the applicant’s commitment to ICA’s goals of settling newcomers and building a diverse community
2. Resume outlining past academic, employment and community service including any involvement with organizations or activities promoting cultural awareness, understanding, and advocating for human rights and anti-racism
3. Acceptance letter or registration in a college or university in the Capital Region. Applicants may submit a preliminary confirmation letter but a final letter will be requested before receiving the award.
4. Most recent high school or higher education transcripts
5. Two letters of reference
Applications are due by Friday, June 11, 2021.
Email application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria
930 Balmoral Road
Victoria, BC, V8T 1A8
Applications will be reviewed by ICA’s Board of Directors. Successful applicants will be notified of their award by Friday, August 27, 2021
Successful applicants agree to be present at ICA’s Annual General Meeting on September 15, 2021 and to be featured in print and online stories.
For questions, please contact Aekyung Shin, Executive Assistant, at 250-388-4728 ext. 156 or email@example.com