The stock market is hot right now which means many people will have significant capital gains this year. If you have appreciated stock, this is the perfect time to turn those gains into powerful donations for ICA. Along with helping newcomers, you’ll have an added bonus of tax savings, too!
When you donate appreciated stock, you save on your taxes in two ways:
- you receive a charitable gift tax deduction and
- you don’t pay capital gains taxes on the shares you donate.
If you want to help support immigrants and refugees, consider making a donation of appreciated stock. It’s easy to donate stock. Your gift will make a big difference for ICA and those we serve. Here’s all you need to do:
- Consult with an advisor, if you have one, about the amount and types of securities you want to give.
- Share this form with your advisor or fill it out yourself and return it to ICA’s credit union, VanCity.
- Email email Sheryl Sackman so we know to expect your donation.
- Alternatively, you can also donate stock to ICA through our donation page at Canada Helps.
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria’s Charitable Registration Number: 107509838RR0001.
For more information, contact Sheryl Sackman, ICA Development Coordinator today.
Thank you for your support!