Are you a newcomer looking for a job? Do you need assistance with your resume, cover letter or job interviews? Do you want to learn more about the local labour market?
Register today for our Job Search for Newcomers Workshops!
Alla Balatska, Employment Client Advisor
Phone: 250.388.4728 Ext. 2154
Workshop topics include:
- Writing effective resumes and cover letters
- Succeeding in job interviews
- Networking: How to access the hidden job market
- Canadian Workplace culture and soft skills
- Labour Market information and your job search
- Career exploration
- Job Maintenance: how to be successful in your work and more.
Whether you are a newcomer to Canada or an immigrant who has been here for many years, our Employment Services team can assist with job search and skills training programs to help you find work in the Canadian job market.
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants
The CPSI program helps newcomer professionals to find meaningful career employment that aligns with their pre-arrival education, training and experience.
Gateway to Tourism and Hospitality for Newcomers
The Gateway to Tourism and Hospitality program supports career planning, skills training, certifications and job search assistance for newcomers wanting to develop a career in the tourism and hospitality industry in Greater Victoria.