Workplace Occupational Readiness & Connections for Women (WORC)
ICA’s Employment Services offers the Workplace Occupation Readiness & Connections (WORC) for Women program to support Visible Minority Immigrant Women for their career success in Canada.
The WORC for Women program provides:
8 weeks of part-time in-class training, covering:
- Canadian Workplace Culture and Communication skills
- Job Readiness training includes soft skills, essential skills and basic computer skills
- Job Search & Networking skills
- Job Retention skills and more.
Contact Us Today for Information & Registration
Jackie Pearse, Immigrant Employment Specialist
Email Jackie Pearse
Phone: 250.388.4728 Ext. 2257
- Permanent Residents ( not Naturalized Citizens)
- Individuals who have been selected, inside or outside Canada, to become permanent residents (pending verifications) and who have been informed by a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Protected persons, Convention refugees and Temporary foreign workers who received approval of a work permit under section 112 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), or received initial approval for permanent residence under section 113 of IRPR
- Those who are currently Unemployed or Underemployed or Employed (should be able to arrange the work schedule for the program participation)
*Please note that CLB level 5 is the minimum English language proficiency requirement for the program participation.
Available upon completion of in-class training.
On-going Job Search Support & Employment Counseling / Workplace Experience / Job Placement