The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA) and Camosun College Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) program are hosting the second annual free dental screening and teeth cleaning services for resettled refugee children ages 5-18 years.
Dental screenings will occur on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, screenings take approximately 30 minutes. ICA staff and Arabic interpreters will be on site at Camosun College for the dental screenings. The screening appointment examines the oral health of each child to determine their dental needs, scaling and x-rays will be completed if required. If cavities are found and/or additional dental work is required outside of Camosun College’s capacity, parents will be informed and can follow up with another dentist at their own cost.
Cleanings appointments will be booked after the screening process on May 2, 2018. Cleaning appointments are between May 22 and May 31, 2018, appointments are 2.5 hours in length. The child must stay for the full appointment time. Interpretation services will not be available for the cleaning appointments.
Who is eligible?
- Resettled refugee children ages 5-18 years.
- Camosun College Lansdowne Campus, 3100 Foul Bay Rd. (Dental Building 4)
- May 2, 2018, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Children must attend the screening appointment to be eligible for cleaning.
- Will be scheduled between, May 22 – May 31, 2018.
- To book an appointment for the initial dental screening on May 2, 2018 please contact:
Community Integration Coordinator – ICA
250-388-4728 ext. 167
1806 Vancouver St.