We have Exciting News!
Help us to secure a grant to fund this vital community project through the City of Victoria’s, Participatory Budgeting initiative!
Participatory Budgeting is the City of Victoria’s way of giving residents a chance to choose and vote on which projects and initiatives the city should fund. Each year, the city allocates funding for 2 categories including:
- $40 000 for big projects – this is where you will find ICA’s project
- $10 000 for small projects – you can support other projects up to $10,000 total
We need your Vote for ICA’s Bystander Intervention Training to secure this critical funding which will provide bystander anti-racism training to 500+ Victoria and Capital Region residents.
Steps to voting:
- This link here takes you directly to ‘Finalize Selection’. Select ICA’s Bystander Intervention Training Project. ICA has applied for funding under the large project category, so you could also pick any small projects in the small project category.
- The Next page will ask you for some information such as your postal code to ensure you live in the Capital Region.
- You will see a message indicating that your vote has been submitted.
If you want to navigate voting from the beginning you could:
- Navigate to the Welcome Page, check Next to go to the About This Process for more information.
- If you continue clicking Next, it will take you through all the projects in each category – ICA is listed under Training.
- When you find ICA’s Tools for Equity – Bystander Intervention Training, click the ‘Click To Select’ button. This is not a submitted vote, so you’d still need to keep going Next till you get to ‘Finalize Selection’
If you have any trouble, you can email our Community Engagement Coordinator Tari at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to help.
Please share this on your social networks and help us spread the word!