Donate Stock or Mutual Funds
When you donate appreciated stock, you save on your taxes in two ways:
- you receive a charitable gift tax deduction and
- you don’t pay capital gains taxes on the shares you donate.
If you want to help immigrants and refugees settle into their new home here in Victoria, we invite you to consider making a donation of appreciated stock. It’s easy to donate stock. Here’s all you need to do:
- Consult with an advisor, if you have one, about the amount and types of securities you want to give.
- Share this form with your advisor or fill it out yourself and return it to ICA’s credit union, VanCity.
- Email Sheryl Sackman so we know to expect your donation.
- Alternatively, you can also donate stock to ICA through our donation page at Canada Helps.
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria’s Charitable Registration Number: 107509838RR0001.
To begin, Click here for the form. Print and fill it out, or share it with your broker who can fill it in and send it to our credit union, Van City.
For more information or assistance, please contact:
Sheryl Sackman, Development Coordinator
Phone: 250.388.4728 Ext. 168
Giving to the charitable causes that matter most to you during your lifetime is a meaningful and powerful way for you to express your personal values and priorities. Remembering your most cherished causes in your estate plan is a way for you to ensure that the support you gave during your lifetime can continue and that future generations will benefit from your generosity.