Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada
New to Canada and interested in learning English? ICA offers FREE instruction for eligible adults, age 17 years and older.
How It Works
Our Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) offers free, friendly classes focused on practical English coaching and information about life in Canada. Offerings include:
• Beginner to advanced English language training for eligible newcomers (permanent residents or refugees) adults, age 17 years and older
• Available childcare for preschool children of LINC students
The health and safety of our students and staff is very important to us as we move forward during the current COVID-19 pandemic. We are open for face-to-face classes with small groups of students, alternating attendance and online classes to ensure physical distancing in classes and the childminding facility. Additional safety measures, include limiting movement and interactions in our buildings and classrooms, making sure hand sanitizers and disinfectants are readily available and encouraging their use are in place to ensure everyone’s good health.
9 am – 11:30 am
- LINC 1, LINC 2, LINC 3, LINC 4 and LINC 5– Monday to Friday in-person class
- LINC 6 – Monday to Thursday in-person class, Friday online class
- LINC 4, LINC 5 and LINC 7/8 – Monday to Friday online class
12:30 pm – 3 pm
- LINC 1 to LINC 5– Monday to Friday in-person class
- LINC 6- Monday to Thursday in-person class, Friday online class
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- LINC 1 to 7/8 – Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday, twice a week in-person class