Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada
New to Canada and interested in learning English? ICA offers FREE instruction for eligible adults, age 17 years and older.
How It Works
Our Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) offers free, friendly classes focused on practical English coaching and information about life in Canada. Offerings include:
• Beginner to advanced English language training for eligible newcomers (permanent residents or refugees) adults, age 17 years and older
• Available childcare for preschool children of LINC students
Settlement Workshops & Training
At ICA we offer a variety of workshops, skills training and social opportunities to help you build a strong sense of community, learn new skills and improve your English as you settle into your new home in Greater Victoria.
LINC is funded by the Government of Canada, through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Phone: 250.388.4728 Ext. 2115
The health and safety of our students and staff is very important to us as we move forward during the current COVID-19 pandemic. We are open for face-to-face classes with small groups of students, alternating attendance and online classes to ensure physical distancing in classes and the childminding facility. Additional safety measures, include limiting movement and interactions in our buildings and classrooms, making sure hand sanitizers and disinfectants are readily available and encouraging their use are in place to ensure everyone’s good health.
9 am – 11:30 am
- LINC 1, LINC 2, LINC 3, LINC 4 and LINC 5– Monday to Friday in-person class
- LINC 6 – Monday to Thursday in-person class, Friday online class
- LINC 4, LINC 5 and LINC 7/8 – Monday to Friday online class
12:30 pm – 3 pm
- LINC 1 to LINC 5– Monday to Friday in-person class
- LINC 6- Monday to Thursday in-person class, Friday online class
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- LINC 1 to 7/8 – Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday, twice a week in-person class
Learn English (LINC)
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) provides English language training from beginner to advanced levels for adult newcomers to Canada. LINC is funded by the Government of Canada and is FREE for eligible students.
Youth & Family Services
ICA provides immigrant programs for youth between the ages of 7-28. In addition, during the year, we host many different types of youth events, social gatherings and summer camps in and around the community to help build cultural connections.
Whether you are a newcomer to Canada or an immigrant who has been here for many years, our Employment Services team can assist with job search and skills training programs to help you find work in the Canadian job market.