Whether you are newcomer to Canada or are an immigrant who has been here for many years and are looking for work, we have services that can assist you. Come in and meet with our professional employment staff. We can determine what services and programs you are eligible for, and can help you with all your employment needs.
In our immigrant-oriented employment centre, receive assistance with finding job postings, online applications, resume and cover letters. Our resource center is a quiet place to job search and access computers, a job board, photocopiers, fax machines and other resources. There is always someone there to help and provide you with the support and information you need.
Our employment workers are experienced in assisting immigrants integrate into Canadian work culture and connect with jobs and are knowledgeable on a variety of subjects related to obtaining and retaining work.
Work BC (EPBC)
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA) has been sub-contracted by GT Hiring Solutions, Worklink Employment Society and Beacon Community Services to deliver Employment Program of BC services to individuals who are part of our immigrant population in Greater Victoria. For more information on WorkBC and the Employment Program of BC, please click here.
Through our Work BC Employment services, we offer
- One-on One job search assistance
- Financial assistance for eligible clients for courses and training
- Financial support for eligible clients for job search and job start
- Assistance with Foreign Credential Evaluation
- Workshops including:
- Job Search in the Canadian context
- Soft Skills required in the Canadian workplace
- Workplace Culture
- Networking and Community Connections
- Employer Information Sessions
- Career Exploration
Our hours of operation are:
Monday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday 9 am – 3:00 pm
Friday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Resource Room Hours: 9 am – 3 pm Monday-Friday
*Please note the Employment Centre hours are different from the general ICA office hours.
Please drop into our Employment Administrative Office at 930 Balmoral Road, Victoria BC or contact our Employment Administrative Assistant at :
phone: (250) 388-4728 ext 144
Workplace Occupational Readiness and Connections
(WORC) for Women Program
(Click on image to enlarge)
ICA’s Employment Services team is launching the Workplace Occupation Readiness & Connections (WORC) for Women program to support Visible Minority Immigrant Women for their career success in Canada.
The WORC for Women program provides;
- 8 weeks of part-time in-class training (10 AM – 1 PM) starting on March 18th (Mon)
The training covers the following topics;
- Canadian Workplace Culture and Communication skills
- Job Readiness training includes soft skills, essential skills and basic computer skills
- Job Search & Networking skills
- Job Retention skills and more.
2. Workplace Experience / Job Placement upon completion of in-class training
3. On-going Job Search Support & Employment Counseling
- Permanent Residents ( not Naturalized Citizens)
- Individuals who have been selected, inside or outside Canada, to become permanent residents (pending verifications) and who have been informed by a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Protected persons, Convention refugees and Temporary foreign workers who received approval of a work permit under section 112 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), or received initial approval for permanent residence under section 113 of IRPR
- Those who are currently Unemployed or Underemployed or Employed (should be able to arrange the work schedule for the program participation)
*Please note that CLB level 5 is the minimum English language proficiency requirement for the program participation.
For more information on program eligibility or To register,
Please contact Deb Hamblin, Employment Services Manager: email@example.com 250.388.4728 ext. 134 or
Ai Sakamoto: firstname.lastname@example.org 250.388.4728 ext. 175
To see a list of current employment workshops, please visit our Workshops & Training page.