Whether you are newcomer to Canada or are an immigrant who has been here for many years and are looking for work, we have services that can assist you. Come in and meet with our professional employment staff. We can determine what services and programs you are eligible for, and can help you with all your employment needs.
In our immigrant-oriented employment centre, receive assistance with finding job postings, online applications, resume and cover letters. Our resource center is a quiet place to job search and access computers, a job board, photocopiers, fax machines and other resources. There is always someone there to help and provide you with the support and information you need.
Our employment workers are experienced in assisting immigrants integrate into Canadian work culture and connect with jobs and are knowledgeable on a variety of subjects related to obtaining and retaining work.
Work BC (EPBC)
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA) has been sub-contracted by GT Hiring Solutions, Worklink Employment Society and Beacon Community Services to deliver Employment Program of BC services to individuals who are part of our immigrant population in Greater Victoria. For more information on WorkBC and the Employment Program of BC, please click here.
Through our Work BC Employment services, we offer
- One-on One job search assistance
- Financial assistance for eligible clients for courses and training
- Financial support for eligible clients for job search and job start
- Assistance with Foreign Credential Evaluation
- Workshops including:
- Job Search in the Canadian context
- Soft Skills required in the Canadian workplace
- Workplace Culture
- Networking and Community Connections
- Employer Information Sessions
- Career Exploration
Our hours of operation are:
Monday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday 9 am – 3:00 pm
Friday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Resource Room Hours: 9 am – 3 pm Monday-Friday
*Please note the Employment Centre hours are different from the general ICA office hours.
Please drop into our Employment Administrative Office at 930 Balmoral Road, Victoria BC or contact our Employment Administrative Assistant at :
phone: (250) 388-4728 ext 144
BC Job Connect
BC JobConnect is an online self-marketing tool for newcomers to showcase their skills and work experiences to employers. This tool is specifically intended to connect newcomer immigrants to both local and BC-wide employers. Registered employers will use BC JobConnect to seek out good candidates and contact them. Let that be you!
BC JobConnect is for those who:
- Are living in BC,
- Arrived in Canada within the last 5 years,
- Have a Permanent Residence (PR) number and
- Are currently looking for work – no matter if you are currently employed or unemployed
How to register:
Click here: BC JobConnect Register as a Candidate
* Select “ICA (Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria)” to answer the question of “How did you hear about us?”
Have questions or need assistance to register?
Please contact Employment Services Administrative Office or drop into our Employment Resource Centre.
Phone: (250) 388-4728 ext 144
To see a list of current employment workshops, please visit our Workshops & Training page.