Checkout Our Videos To See What Our Participants Say About Game Changer
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our Employment Services are being offered remotely.
For more information, please contact:
Nicole Chen, Employment Client Advisor
Phone: 250.388.4728 Ext. 144
Whether you are a newcomer to Canada or are an immigrant who has been here for many years and are looking for work, we have services that can assist you. Come in and meet with our professional employment staff. We can determine what services and programs you are eligible for and can help you with all your employment needs.
In our immigrant-oriented employment centre, receive assistance with finding job postings, online applications, resume writing and cover letters. Our resource centre is a quiet place to look for a job and access computers, a job board, photocopiers, fax machines and other resources. There is always someone there to help and provide you with the support and information you need.
Our employment workers are experienced in assisting immigrants integrate into Canadian work culture and connect with potential jobs. We are also knowledgeable on a variety of subjects related to obtaining and retaining work.
WorkBC Employment Services
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA) has been sub-contracted by GT Hiring Solutions, Worklink Employment Society and Beacon Community Services to deliver WorkBC Employment Services to individuals who are part of our immigrant population in Greater Victoria.
For more information on WorkBC Employment Services, please click here.
Through our WorkBC Employment Services, we offer
- One-on-one job search assistance
- Financial assistance for eligible clients for courses and training
- Financial support for eligible clients for job search and job start
- Assistance with Foreign Credential Evaluation
- Workshops including:
- Job Search in the Canadian context
- Soft Skills required in the Canadian workplace
- Workplace Culture
- Networking and Community Connections
- Employer Information Sessions
- Career Exploration
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, offices are closed to the public.
Please call to arrange an appointment.
Our hours of operation are:
Monday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday 9 am – 3:00 pm
Friday 9 am – 4:30 pm
Employment Resource Room Hours: CLOSED – due to COVID-19 restrictions ICA offices are closed to the public.
*Please note the Employment Centre hours are different from the general ICA office hours.
Please drop into our Employment Administrative Office at 930 Balmoral Road, Victoria BC or contact our Employment Administrative Assistant at :
phone: (250) 388-4728 ext 144
Game Changer Youth Employment Program
Click here or on the image to view our Game Changer Info Presentation on Prezi.
to learn more about the Game Changer program and how it can benefit you!
The support ICA continues to offer even after graduating from Game Changers is so valuable. Being able to call my instructors when I don’t understand something that is happening at work is amazing. Patience Batamuliza, Game Changer Graduate
Next Game Changer starts September 14, 2020
Online Program Delivery Only
The Game Changer program is designed to:
- develop participant’s skills and competencies to strategically envision and plan their career path
- connect participant’s talent to meaningful employment opportunities
- Immigrant Young Adult ages 18 – 24 residing in British Columbia
(Permanent Resident, Naturalized Citizen, or Protected Person legally entitled to work in Canada)
- is not attending school full-time
- is currently unemployed or precariously employed
- meets minimum English language proficiency requirement (CLB level 5)
What does the Game Changer program offer?
- 8 weeks of In-class Employability Skills Training
- Full-time Paid Training
- Financial Support for program participation including Transportation
Participants will learn:
- Essential Skills
- Soft Skills
- Job Search Skills (resume & cover letter development, interview practice)
- Labour market information
- Networking & Self-marketing Skills
- Job Maintenance Skills and more
- Individualized Occupational Skills Training
- Short-term Certificates
- Paid Work experience upon completion of in-class training
- Employment Counselling & Support
- Post Job Placement Support and more.
Now accepting Applicants for the 5th cohort starting on September 14th, 2020
Interested in the program? Questions?
Workplace Occupational Readiness and Connections
(WORC) for Women Program
(Click on image to enlarge)
ICA’s Employment Services offers the Workplace Occupation Readiness & Connections (WORC) for Women program to support Visible Minority Immigrant Women for their career success in Canada.
The WORC for Women program provides;
- 8 weeks of part-time in-class training.
The training covers the following topics;
- Canadian Workplace Culture and Communication skills
- Job Readiness training includes soft skills, essential skills and basic computer skills
- Job Search & Networking skills
- Job Retention skills and more.
2. Workplace Experience / Job Placement upon completion of in-class training
3. On-going Job Search Support & Employment Counseling
- Permanent Residents ( not Naturalized Citizens)
- Individuals who have been selected, inside or outside Canada, to become permanent residents (pending verifications) and who have been informed by a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Protected persons, Convention refugees and Temporary foreign workers who received approval of a work permit under section 112 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), or received initial approval for permanent residence under section 113 of IRPR
- Those who are currently Unemployed or Underemployed or Employed (should be able to arrange the work schedule for the program participation)
*Please note that CLB level 5 is the minimum English language proficiency requirement for the program participation.
For more information on program eligibility or To register,
Please contact Laura Guarin, Immigrant Employment Specialist: email@example.com 250.388.4728 ext. 134